Culinary accomplishments (and one bomb)
Archived in 2022
Originally posted on 10 Dec 2006
- Consumed mass quantities of cassoulet (beans!) and would have eaten more if given the chance. OK, maybe not an accomplishment per se, but whatever. It was still a culinary high point for me.
- Whipped up a simple salad of scarlet runner beans purchased online from Phipps Country Store and Farm.
- Made skordalia for the first time. And not for the last, as this stuff rocks my garlic-loving world.
- Tossed together a soup made of some random unnamed winter squash, bacon and beet greens. It’s tasty, which is good as I’m going to be eating it all week regardless.
- When making Cranberry, Orange & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (or any other cookie, for that matter), don’t walk away from the standing mixer to check on your code compile, not even for a moment. The dough got over-mixed, activating the gluten After baking the cookies look like biscuits…and I don’t mean that in the British sense. The flavor is OK but the consistency suffered. Oh, well. The voracious wolves at my office probably won’t mind. 🙂