Archived in 2022
Originally posted on 24 Feb 2007
Five Pet Peeves
- Messes left in the office kitchen
- Screaming kids in public places
- People who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle
- People who are unwilling to RTFM and want life spoon-fed to them.
Five Favorite Albums (currently)
- Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
- Phish: Rift
- Patty Griffin: A Kiss in Time
- Beatles: Abbey Road
- Particle: Launchpad
Five Favorite Songs (currently)
- The Bacarolle from Offenbach’s Les contes d’Hoffmann
- In Your Eyes from Disc 2 of Peter Gabriel’s Secret World Live
- Niner Two from Don Ellis’ Live at Montreux
- Agnus Dei by Samuel Barber (aka his Adagio for Strings, but choral)
- Somewhere from Tom Waits’ Blue Valentine
Five Things I’d Like To Do Some Day
- Learn to dance
- Bike, eat and drink my way across Europe
- Live in a house again, preferably not a rental
- Learn more about art
- Find someone with whom to share all of the above
Five Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- I’ve collected almost every fortune I’ve ever gotten out of a fortune cookie and keep them in a Ziggy bank I received as a gift about twenty years ago.
- Rattlesnakes are the only critter I’ve found that scares the bejeezus out of me.
- I absolutely love being in water but am not a very strong swimmer.
- When I die I want to be cremated.
- When I was in middle-/high-school I often would put a smiley face, dot, vertical bar or some other symbol at the start of any blank line on a page of notes because I didn’t want that line to feel left out.